How does the mat stick to the table?
There are four suction cups on the bottom of the mat that are given extra sticking power when you press down on the attachment points on the top of the mat. Suction works best on smooth surfaces (this includes non-textured bathtub walls, refrigerators, and windows)! If the surface is not completely smooth, like an old oak table, you will not find a suction cup that will stick. Also, be sure your mat and the surface are clean. Dust and debris will prevent the mat from sticking as well as it should.
How big is the Busy Baby Mat?
The mat is the same size as a piece of regular computer paper. There is a suction cup in each corner.
Tips for Better Suction
Suction Cups are GREAT, but they can be finicky. Our food-grade silicone is great for babies, but not for suction cups. By nature, food-grade silicone attracts dust and lint, but dust and lint make suction cups less effective! We've created a short video to help you have the best experience with your Busy Baby Mat.
1) A quick swipe with a baby wipe will usually do the trick.
2) Boiling your mat in a pot of 1/3 vinegar and 2/3 water will remove any soap buildup and make it better than new!
I stained my mat! How do I clean it?Make a paste with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Scrub the paste onto the stain with an old toothbrush. Let the paste dry. Once dry, wash it off and your stain should be gone!
I used the mat at a restaurant and now it doesn't work anymore. What gives?
All restaurants have amped up their cleaning procedures and are using Covid-Strength cleaners. Some of these cleaners are leaving behind a film on the surface that actually reduces the ability of suction cups to stick. Even worse, the film gets onto the mat and makes it not stick very well other places. The worst news of it all is that many of these cleaners actually contain toxic chemicals and are not food-safe! The FDA has already recalled over 100 cleaners with toxic ingredients.
You will need to clean your mat a little more intensely if you've used it at a restaurant and then it doesn't seem to stick well. Here are some steps you can take to get the sticky back!
- Scrub the bottom of the mat with hot water and Dawn dish soap.
- Use rubbing alcohol on the bottom of the mat.
- Make a paste with hot water (or hydrogen peroxide) and baking soda. Scrub the paste all over the bottom of the mat and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing.
What is the Busy Baby Mat made of?
The Busy Baby Mat and Tethers are made from 100% food grade, FDA approved silicone that is BPA, BPS, PVC and Phthalate free. We use silicone for several reasons:
- It is a very flexible, easy to store material
- It is quick and easy to wipe down
- It is tested for all safety standards for kids under the age of three.
- It does not support the growth of fungus, mold or bacteria, so it's perfect for all those yummy snacks!
- It is microwave and dishwasher safe
Where does the Busy Baby Mat ship from?
Busy Baby Mats are shipped Monday - Saturday from Oronoco, Minnesota. If you order your mat before 3pm Central Time, it will be shipped same day!
Where is the Busy Baby Mat made?
The mats are manufactured in China.
However, they are very high quality, safety tested, and you are supporting more than 6 other American businesses with each purchase!
- I am a Minnesota mom and ship all orders using the United States Postal Service daily.
- An American small business owner in Delaware manages all social media posts.
- An American small business owner in Illinois manages all social media advertising.
- An American small business owner in Minnesota manages all of the Busy Baby intellectual property.
- An American small business in Utah did all of the product development for manufacturing.
- An American small business in Utah manages the manufacturing in China, from factory sourcing to quality control inspections.
Does the Busy Baby Mat fit in diaper bags and purses?
YES! The mat and tethers roll up into a convenient sleeve that fits into most diaper bags and purses. Rolled up, the mat is approximately 12'' long and 3'' in diameter. It weighs less than half a pound so it won't weigh you down!
What is the best way to roll my mat up?
The best way to roll the Busy Baby Mat is to keep the suction cups on the inside. That way, when unrolling the mat next time, the outer edges will stay flat to the surface.
Here's a short video that shows you how to roll the mat and store it in the sleeve.
What is the return policy?
Taking care of an infant or toddler is hard enough! We want your experience with Busy Baby to be as simple as possible. If you are unhappy with your product, simply reach out to us at email@example.com and we'll work with you to make it right!
Do you ship outside of the U.S.?
We will ship internationally, however Busy Baby is just getting started and only has distribution in the United States at this time. The shipping charges from the US are quite high for one mat. For most countries, ordering 4-5 mats is the best option because the flat rate shipping cost is only a few dollars more than the shipping cost for a single mat. Gather some friends who want a mat too and you can split the shipping cost! If you do not see your country available for shipping, send us an email and we'll get you added!