Busy Baby Mat Suction Cups - Tips & Tricks
First of all, thank you so much for your purchase and for giving it a shot! As a small, family-run company, we appreciate your business more than you know and really want you to have the best experience possible!
It’s important to note that suction power varies by surface and not all surfaces work for suction cups. The smoother the surface, the better it will stick. Textured surfaces won't allow suction at all. Food-grade silicone will attract dust, lint, etc, and the suction cups need to be clean to stick. Most times we get a question like yours, a quick swipe with a baby wipe will do the trick!
If that doesn’t work, here is a list of tips for better suction:
- Ensure the surface and the bottom of the Mat are clean. Any crumbs, dust, lint, etc. will make the suction less effective.
- Some tables and trays have texture to them, which makes the suction less effective. If you switch to a mirror or window, are you experiencing the same issue? (If a clean mat doesn't stick to a window or mirror, you could have a defect)
- Press down on each attachment point in the four corners to give each suction cup the best seal.
- Make sure the squiggly end of the tether is plugged into the Mat. The squiggles help take some of the direct pressure off the suction cup when your baby is tugging.
- Sterilize the Mat to get it back to its brand-new condition. If you have washed the Mat a lot, especially in the dishwasher, sterilizing may help to remove any buildup. The easiest way to do this is to grab a big pot of water, add some vinegar, and boil the products for 5-10 minutes.
If you test the functionality on a window or mirror as outlined above and it won't stick there, please reach back out again so we can arrange to make this right.
Thanks again for supporting our small business!
Ps. Here are a few other helpful links: